Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Is it a Purse or a Wallet or ????

I LOVE purses. Fine leather, hand painted, bejeweled or beaded. I LOVE them! And I love purse templates! So when I came across this one, I just had to, HAD TO make it! I worked thru the shape once, then modified it to fit the coin envies & insert sizes I wanted. This will be so fun to show Jackie, as I see a new kit at Altered Pages with this one!
Can you imagine the possibilities?? Photos of kids, Grandkids, pets. Favorite quotes or even for business cards! Certainly MOO size, and easily made to hold a collection of ATC's.....

Monday, May 11, 2009

New Card Kit

Victorian Shutter Card Kit

I'm on the Design Team for Altered Pages (www.alteredpages.com) and Jackie has some fabulous collage sheets to work with. She sent me a 'mystery' package of goodies & sheets. This is one of the kits I came up with.
The name of the fold is called a Tri-Shutter, and is FANTASTIC. One of the members in a WI Stampers group I'm in shared the fold (THANKS BONNIE!). The amount of surface space is great. Especially if you're like me, and LOVE to collage! I'm calling the kit "Victorian Shutter Card".
The kit will have enough images to make 2 6x12" cards. These are SO fun to make!

I even used the fold to make a b-d card from my Husband:

and 1 for our Calligraphy Guild

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Background noise?

Well mine aren't TOO noisy! Over at Trish Bee's Next Generation group she posted a 'background noise' challenge. Watercolor wash. I like watercolors, so I got out the crayons and had a go.
Well, mine were a tad 'dull', so I oversprayed them with Radient Rain (silver) & Glimmer Mist (apple red).
I got this cute little Fairy from Red Lead, and new collage sheets from Lisa's Altered Art (Etsy). She has FABULOUS sheets by the way. I also downloaded some freebies from oldphotoalbum.blogspot.com I gave the 'lady' a new head as her's just wasn't working for me!

The King!

These are ATC's done for an ELVIS swap over at Altered Pages (www.alteredpages.com)
Jackie sent the images digitally, and I altered them in PSE & printed them onto transparencies.