Sunday, July 27, 2008

Card for Altered Pages Design Challenge #3




This is the 3rd piece I made for this weeks challnege. We were to make a card, using collage images & rubber stamps. I wanted to make library pocket. As usual, once I started, it morphed from where I had begun. I worked on canvas paper with acrylic paints & a palette knife. Several layers of paint scraping reveals some depth which I liked. I wanted the paper to look like an old painted & repainted wall.
The image on the card, and the poster on the pocket were printed on transparency film. The feathered lady is on glossy photo paper. I really enjoyed this weeks challenge, and tried to use different images, colors & styles. But basically, I come back to an earthly look.

1 comment:

trisha too said...

they turned out great!

there's a little surprise (from Lola to me to you) on my blog. . .