Friday, December 12, 2008

Tag 11



Today's tag was quite lovely! A nice background technique with a brayer & watered-down Distress inks. What gives it a even cooler look, is the splatter of Metallic Alcohol ink! Now Tim says when embossing the fragments, to be careful as they'll melt. Well, he was right! I didn't happen to actually melt one, but I certainly was getting close! Two of them are actually slightly bowed.
But it is a neat effect, even if it's difficult to see in a photo. I didn't want to take the time to drill a hole, so I used silver glass glitter to make an ornament 'cap'. This also allowed me an area to adhere the fragment to the background using Glossy Accents! I also didn't have a stamp that was quite right, so I used Rub-onz by Graphics to create a phrase on my PC, print out & rub onto the tag!

No comments: