Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

First, a million thanks to all who have served and those who continue to serve! What amazing people are military are!

In humble appreciation, I'm beginning a banner project, and plan on adding more flags to it as i go along.
The flags are about 5x8", so there is a lot of good surface area.  The background is manilla cardstock, majorly distressed & aged. I used Distress Inks in Old Paper, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain.
I used T!M's mixed media stamp set & basic backgrounds set by Dylusions.
I stamped with Archival Crimson & walnut stain.
I also did a Brush-less watercolor technique using T!M's Americana silhouettes set in Faded jeans distress ink.

I used 2 of T!M's Alterations Dies: Rosette, Old Glory Bigz







The 'focal' images are from Artistic Outpost's HEROS set.

1 comment:

Scrappin' Stacy said...

This is great - I just love the flag idea and yours is so very patriotic!