I worked with the Gelli plate, Golden Acrylics, Catalyst Tools, The Crafters Workshop Stencils, some homemade die cut stencils, rubber stamps and other mark making 'tools'. Buttons, bubble wrap, punchinella, a credit card.....
For the most part, I used Mixed Media paper by Strathmore, which I love, tags, canvas cloth and a tee shirt.
Over the course of 4 hours, I made a TON of prints, but I'm just going to post some of my favorites!
With this piece, I used Akua Printing Inks (by Speedball). The red & yellow are the Akua. I used a rays stencil (not sure of the real name), brushing in the yellow & red. There is A LOT of residual paint that popped thru the teal , but love how that just adds so much depth!
This is the second generation print. You can see how strong the Akua paint is!
I just love this piece. It is SO cool in person, if I do say so myself!
I wish I would have taken a picture of the Gelli plate, but that's tough to do when you're demoing to a crowd, and you're hands are full of paint!
After the previous prints I pulled, I had again, had residual paint. I demoed for 4 hours and never once cleaned the paint off the Gelli plate. Or the brayer, paint brushes or tools. I just cleaned up stencils along the way. SO, with this print, I basically made marks with paint (white teal yellow black) and 'tools' like bubblewrap, a button, mesh... Then laid the stencil down & brushed some paint into the open areas. Removed it and pulled this great print!
The residual ink from that printing was used on the tag below.
This tag, started out as a piece, that was a 2nd generation print, that really didn't have a lot going on. It 'needed' layers & depth. So while working on the RAYS piece above,
I used residual paint remaining on the Gelli plate, to add depth. I introduced one of the newer CW stencils as a mask to the plate (Sally Carly), and brushed black paint around it.
Removed the mask, and wa-la! I LOVE this one!
Here's a little close up. You can see the red rays, and all of the pattern from previous Gelli prints.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone