Thursday, May 23, 2013

Time will tell....

I had a dream... Ok, somewhat of a plan to turn Henry Ford into a pocket watch....

Did you know, Ford's father gifted him a pocket watch, which he took apart. This inspired his tinkering and a desire to build. Did you know Ford made an ELECTRIC CAR along with Edison way back in the late 1800's/early 1900's? Do you care why I know this? Our son, along with his partner, did their National History Day project on Henry Ford, and how his manufacturing strategy helped grow the middle class. They did REALLY REALLY well, and made it to the State competition. Not bad for a couple 6th graders.


ANYWAY, about my tag..... I used Tim Holtz' Pocket Watch and the Circles Dies to cut several layers of black cardstock, the image of Ford, and acetate. I used 4 layers of the die cut pieces between Henry and the acetate layer so that I could put the game spinners inside.



The finished tag is done



The base layer of the tag was embossed with the Diamond Plate & Riveted metal texture fade. It has layers of Distress Ink, Stain, and is spritzed with Perfect Mist to give it a shimmer. I hand cut the banners at the top from scraps made on canvas paper with my Gelli Printing Plate.

I added a Hitch Fastener to the tag hole, gears and a clock key as accents.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: