Sunday, March 6, 2011

Altered Trading Block... HOPE


This is Hope.
She was created for an auction benefiting my friends newphew who has cancer.
When I was asked to do this, I knew JUST what I wanted to do. That dosn't happen often in my world, as the voices in my head usually take over. That's just how I roll.
The angel wings are a new BigZ Die from Sizzix, Covered with white Dabber and crystal Diamond Dust for a shimmer. The Torso is a stamp from Lost Coast Designs, and colored with a Dabber and inked with Archival. The 'flowers' are from Michaels Reflection collection (I swear Prima makes these).

Hope's 'skirt' is The Bird Cage Die from Tim Holtz, cut from Grunge and inked. A piece of the packaging is but and placed behind it, as to be a bit of a window. The letters to spell HOPE are Grungeboard letters from the Mixed Minis, colored with the Black Dabber and covered with Glossy accents.
The back is simple. The word STRENGTH I lettered and placed in an Ornamental Frame.
Each side has a word or element to fit the theme.
Sides are done with a stamped poem, and a key of Grunge I rusted with a key 'chain' that says Miracle. There's also a 4 leaf clover charm, as they are Irish.










On top is a vintage glass button with a 1/2 pearl glued in it set on paper.
A simple topper.











Various elements hang from the cage, including a word charm from Tim's collection that says COURAGE.









She's sitting on top a pedestal I painted. I hope she did well at the auction and goes to a good home. I'm so honored to have been able to do this.

No comments: