Monday, October 10, 2011

BOO! Halloween Card


 



Yes, it's true. I don't often make cards. STRANGE isn't it? I make a lot of backgrounds, work through techniques, but don't always make cards... Well THIS is a card I made last week! I used A LOT of Tim Holtz on this! His new Halloween Texture Fade, Mini-Rosette strip Die, The Cabinet Card and mini Cabinet Card Dies, Pennant On the Edge, Tissue Tape AND Grape Perssimons LE Distress Ink!
I'm digging this white China Marker I got at Hobby Lobby. It's kind of waxy. I run the paper (110# cardstock) through the embossing folder, rub the waxy pencil over the high spots, run the inkpad across the texture fade and run it through again to get the ink into the debossed areas of the card. The waxy pencil is a resist. It's nice and clean and adds to the Letterpressed look I love!!! Did I mention the Rock Candy Stickles? I LOVE THAT STUFF!

2 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Love it! Really great colors and textures... that banner is my fave part.

Jan Hoefler said...

Thank you Marjie! I love the banner too. I use that die quite a bit!