Sunday, November 27, 2011

Tag masking



This was done using a mask over the focal image.


This allowed me to ink around the image, and preserve the manilla color of the tag underneath the image. Also a small area around the image.

I stamped the main image with Jet Black Archival ink and heat set it.

I stamped & cut a second image from scrap paper to use as my mask.

The image is from Tim Holtz, one of the Christmas Mini Cling mount sets.
Using Distress Inks in Broken China, Faded Jeans and Vintage Photo, I inked the background. Snowflake Stamps were used to add some detail to the background. All the while, the 'mask' is over the main image to avoid inking over it.

Masking is not new.
It's been around for AGES. We just 'forget' to do it!

The image was accented with Enamel Inks by Ranger in black & white, and Distress inks in Festive Berries and Peeled Paint.

An easy, quick and fun project!







No comments: