Monday, November 28, 2011

Tag SOAR



With Artistic Outpost and Tim Holtz! As soon as I saw the Carved Ornaments #2 Alterations Die, I KNEW it was a Hot Air Balloon!

Did you see that too?

Many of Tim's dies when rotated or looked at just a little differnt, can be used in a way other than intended! And THAT'S what make them so special.

I bought the French Flight Set from AO, and was anxious to use it. A great set, with steampunk appeal! Love the flying machines!







The balloon is cut from Kraft Resist Paper Stack and colored with Broken China Distress Stain.
I attached some Martha Stewart twill (this is really for baking, but many of the kitchen "TOOLS" have been upgraded to use in the studio)!






The TAGS, background was created using Peel Paint Distress Stain on my craft sheet, spritz with water & dragged and dabbed through the ink. There was some residual Pewter Radiant Rain on the sheet, that added a cool shimmer. I inked the bare spots and edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink.

The guy in the balloon basket was inked with Archival Black. I went over it with Sepia Accents (no longer available) I made 'sand bags' from Kraft Glassine paper run through an embossing folder.

The letters for SOAR came from a sticker stash from Tim Holtz. Sanded then inked with Sepia Accents.



1 comment:

BarbaraW said...

Wow Fabulous tag. You did these stamps proud. Be sure to add this to the Artistic Outpost referral program. You could win more stamps. http://artisticoutpost.blogspot.com/2011/11/artistic-outpost-november-referral.html