Friday, March 30, 2012

Sewing themed tags!


I offered to demo for our calligraphy guild, along with several other artists. The theme was revamping & recycling . I had several backgrounds ready to rock from the CC101 classes, and decided on a sewing theme.

I used vintage lace, buttons and old sewing patterns along with sewing themed stamps & texture fades. I used 2 sets from Tim Holtz, and one of the newer ones from Wendy Vecchi! I also used Tim's Sewing theme Texture Fade.

I also used old book, music and dictionary paper.

 








This one was done using one of the backgrounds I created during my frenzy of "Layered Misting" for day 4 of CC101. I think I made about a dozen tags as I L.O.V.E. using The Crafters Workshop Stencils! I did add some Biscotti Perfect Mist, which you can tell in the shimmer of the close up. I overstamped with Archival Jet black, using a beautiful stamp from Wendy Vecchi's set "ART BY HAND' LCS068. I used the Tattered Floral die along with vintage book pages & music sheets. There's Rock Candy Stickles on the flower, which is shows up in real life... the 'lace' at the bottom is a paper lace, colored with Distress Stain in Peeled Paint.




In this tag, the Dressform & spool are cut from Grungepaper, and painted using Dabbers. The background is done on book paper, inked with Stains left over on the craft sheet from making the flower in the tag above. MORE RECYCLING! There's vintage pattern paper adhered with Multi-medium on the bottom. The Stamps are again from the "ART BY HAND' set. I don't think you can tell as the ribbon is in the way, but the mini fasteners, are the PERFECT SIZE to use as the screw in the scissors!

A vintage button & threadding on the spool complete the look.





I love the way this turned out! I hand dyed the ribbon with Dusty Concord & Antique Linen Distress Stain. the vintage lace was died with Tea Dye & Vintage Photo Stains.
The tag was embossed with the Sewing set Texture Fade, then inked with Festive Berries, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain Distress Inks.








I made a tiny tag from the Tiny Tag & Labels die. You can see Vintage pattern paper at the bottom of the tag.

The round piece is Grungeboard, painted with Picket Fence Distress Stain, stamped with Archival, then coated with Rock Candy Crackle. I then inked over it with some stains to add color.

1 comment:

BarbaraW said...

Jan these are all awesome. I especially love the third one.