Friday, June 15, 2012

First Flight


I was asked to join a new Yahoo group. A limited number of like minded creative talent at 50. It's a mixed media group. Not product specific, which I love because I use so many different products & mediums.


Our first swap is a tag. Mine is going to Neil in England. At first, I was going to do a sewing theme with a dress form. I already have that done. BUT, decided to switch it out with a more manly, steampunk, flight theme.

































I had already done the background, and them my (or should I say another) package from Artistic Outpost came.

From the Diesel Punk set

PERFECT!


Diesel Punk

This tag also fits the June Referal progam theme of MASCULINE over at Artistic Outpost. BONUS!
I RARELY make things that fit ANYBODIES theme! LOL. Well, occasionally, but it's an on purpose.

I had already stamped the bi-plane from Pink by Design Flying High set and added foil highlight to it.

Flying High

The background had Distress Inks and Mists sprayed. There's actually a mask underneath from Tattered Angels, but you can't see it anymore. Remember when I posted below pic's of incomplete tags? Well, this is one of them.

There's plenty of Tim Holtz products used here too. The Pennant die was used to cut linen, the Numbers at the bottom, Gears, clock hands and OOOOOOOOO the Rivets & diamond plate Texture Fade!

You can see the 'hanger' I placed has a copper N charm & a dog tag (which I might smack around with a hammer before I finish & mail). Notice the jump ring? I put a spring from a defunced pen....
NO I DO NOT save everything! Geez, I can't believe you thought that.....




How do you love the log book??? Made it myself! I did watercolor the guys with Distress Ink & my Niji brush.

The stars at the top were stamped with Delicata by Tsukineko. GOD that ink has shimmer!
Delicata



















This is a better view of the Gears & watch parts I added. There's also some washi tape & wallpaper tape in the background.





1 comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab masculine tag! Love the colors of the BG and the added bits of metal! Thanks for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost!