Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Getting my Gelli Girl on with the Umbrella man….

IMG_2406

 

Sassy! This turned out as a ‘finished’ (more or less) piece right off the Gelli plate!

I had made a stencil AND a mask from the Umbrella Man Die by Tim Holtz & have used the pieces on numerous Gelli prints. I die cut it using stencil material by The Crafters Workshop. You can by 12x12 sheets of their very material!

 

The word IMAGINE was done using another Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers die, cut out of Co-ordinations cardstock. The cut piece was a little boring and needed some paint anyway, so a perfect use!

 

I also used a piece of punchinella, which is where the fun bubble design on the Umbrella man comes from.

 

I laid the cut stencil onto a mildly clean (ok, there's some residual paint) Gelli plate.

I used my brayer to ink his hat & shoes black, the umbrella red and a bad mix of deep green & blue for the rest of him…

I then covered the stencil with the punchinella & brayered white over the top of the Umbrella man.

 

The cardstock IMAGINE, I laid face down onto the Gelli plate, and then brayered red paint onto the backside, trying to keep the paint inside, where the letters were. You can see the texture of the cardstock surrounding the word.

 

Since the brayer had cool design from the white brayered punchinella, I ran that around the plate slightly to frame the piece.

I removed the stencil & puncinella, then I did laid my clean white cardstock onto the plate & pulled it off.

The color on the right was from a second pressing into Distress Stain I had put on the Gelli plate from another pressing. It just added a little color to the edge.

 

IMG_2407

IMG_2403

These 2 were done using residual paint & pressings from other inkings.

No comments: