Monday, April 30, 2012

Newspaper boy "read all about it!"

This is such a cool design for a card. I've blogged the base design before. I made a card for T!M's birthday with it.

This card uses Stampers Anonymous Cling Mount Stamp sets from both T!M and Wendy Vecchi. Distress Stain, Archival Ink, Idea-ology, and my own doodling on paper! AND of course, the new Commute Tissue Tape! (I have to admit, I really got it bad for Washi/tissue tapes).

The base is 5.25" x 12".
Score the card at 2", 4", 8", 10"
This gives you the basic z fold of both the right & left panel

The "flags" for the front are cut from a 4" x 5.25" panel.
Using a large background stamp or design, you'll want to stamp the panel & do any coloring.
THEN cut it into three 4" x 1.75" "strips".




When the card is closed, as above, it appears as a normal card front. OK, normal is 'relative'...




I used pop dots to raise the boy up to add dimension.  
AND PEEPS, don't do as I did and put one behind the boys head. That panel moves away from the middle panel... Just a little friendly advice...




See what I mean? This shows the card beginning to slide open...




Are you starting to see how cool this can be??










This is a top view, which will help you 'visualize' the double Z.




This a view of the left side. A strip/flag is attached to the top & bottom. On the right side of the card, the strip/flag is attached to the middle.



If you have questions, contact me. It's really a design that can be used in SO many different ways! A neat way to work with a large busy stamp, or like I did, collage a card!
 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

slbt17 said...

yes Jan - this is really very cool - I am going to have to try it!
Sandra ltb

BarbaraW said...

This is an amazing card. Hmmm I may have to experiment.

wendy vecchi said...

WOW!!!
This is so cool!
NICE JOB!!!